Thursday, April 22, 2010

Let There Be Light! and lamps a-plenty.

My sincerest apologies for the long and drawn out decade that was my last post. Clearly, it discouraged me so that I have not posted in over 3 months (although that's actually a short break for this blog)! With that said, starting now, I am going to make it my business to blog.

While my friends (boyfriend included) do their best to appreciate and find interest in my "crafting" and quite amazing (if I might say so myself) thrift store finds, I am going to post them here in case someone out there is (honestly) interested in seeing all of the time I like to waste making things better. yay! Shall we begin?

My first official project documentation is a lamp I found at a Lutheran Thrift Store with Blake. I kept picking it up, putting it down, telling myself to save the $9.99. Needless to say, I left with the lamp. It's one of those really girly things that makes me grumble with my opposing 2 favorite styles. I've been an all-things-mid-century lover for some time now, but for the last year or so the need for frilly, flowery, antique-y, anthropologie-esque things has leaped upon me. I still like simple, but ... well, you'll see what I mean if I actually start posting more as I've promised.

So for real this time,

BEFORE



AFTER


1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh my goooooooooooooooosh. That lamp! Sigh. Sooo beautiful!

I am seriously loving your blog...