Monday, July 26, 2010

Josh's Man(ish) Stand

         The chances of Josh and I ever actually living together are probably slim to none...but I always tell him that if we do, he can have a man-room. A little space that he can litter with beer bottles and Marx books, and I can decorate and ignore.
I picture his man-room like this workstead sneak peek for Design*Sponge.

(am I allowed to put a picture from d*s here?) I don't want to make anyone mad!

(a much smaller version for us, of course)

But for now, I decided that he needed a nightstand and that I would make it a nice, kind of manly place for him to empty his pockets at night (as opposed to the floor).

This now-nightstand has been a plant stand on my porch for almost a year. A friend of mine who moved to New York hooked me up with this apartment and left this little table he had thrown together and didn't want to haul across the country:





BEFORE


(a bit beat up)




AFTER











I really love the way this turned out. It took me like 10 minutes to stain, and I used a dark cherry stain I already had. The wood literally soaked it up like a sponge, and had some really perfect  knicks/discoloration from being out on my porch for so long. It turned out exactly how I wanted it to! What do you think?

No comments: